Tuesday 8 November 2022

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


Buses, SkyTrain, SeaBus

Bus and trolley fleets crisscross and cover over 1800 square kilometers putting you within easy reach of Vancouver major attractions. Many bus routes connect directly with SkyTrain and SeaBus.

SkyTrain is one of the most advanced light rapid transit systems in the world. It can speed you to a special destination or it can be an attraction on its own. SkyTrain currently whisks you along a scenic 28 kilometer track from Vancouver to Surrey, in just 39 minutes.

SeaBus is a passenger only ferry which connects buses and SkyTrain in Vancouver with services in the North Shore. Enjoy one of the most beautiful inner harbour and mountain views in the city on this 15 minute trip. Operates daily between Waterfront Station and Lonsdale Quay every 15 to 30 minutes. Bikes are welcome.

For detailed route information you may call the Customer Information Centre at (604) 873 - 7000.

Vancouver Skytrain Map

Vancouver Bicycle Map

Vancouver Education Listings

Vancouver Public Education, Elementary and Secondary Schools

The ESL programs are called English Language Learning (ELL). Students are divided up into three groups: Level 1- beginners and lower intermediates; Level 2/3- upper intermediates and advance, and Level 4 transitional. All ELL students in Level 1 take ELL Science, ELL Socials Studies, ELL Literature, and ELL Writing, plus an additional four courses at students' grade level: Math, P.E. and 2 electives (Art, Music, Technical Studies, Home Economics, Computer Studies; or Drama).

Vancouver School Board, 1580 West Broadway Vancouver, BC V6J 5K8 Phone: (604) 713-5000 Email: info@vsb.bc.ca

Catholic School Board, 4885 Saint John Paul II Way, Vancouver BC V5Z 0G3 Phone: 604-683-9331 Fax: 604-687-6692 E: info@cisva.bc.ca

Vancouver Colleges

Vancouver Community College

English is the primary language of instruction at VCC. All applicants are required to demonstrate the appropriate level of English language proficiency to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English entrance requirements vary by program. CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Test), Cambridge Assessment, Duolingo English Test, IELTS Academic and TOEFL iBT are accepted as external test options for meeting VCC's English entrance requirements.

VCC International Education Office, 250 West Pender Street, Room 100, Vancouver, BC, V6B 1S9, Canada Tel: 1.604.443.8600 Fax: 1.604.443.8678

The University of British Columbia

The University of British Columbia boasts some of the city's best attractions and recreation facilities, including the Museum of Anthropology, the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, the UBC Botanical Garden and Centre for Plant Research, and forested trails in the adjoining Pacific Spirit Regional Park. English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate English language competency before they're admitted.

The University of British Columbia, English Language Institute (ELI) helps students learn ESL English quickly and effectively in Vancouver, BC. The English for Academic Purposes is for Lower Intermediate to Advanced can be online or in person, Vancouver English Experience Program is for Upper Elementary to Advanced.

Vancouver Education Organizations

Literacy B.C. , Linda Mitchell, Executive Director
622 - 510 West Hastings, Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 1L8
Tel: 604-684-0624, fax: 604-684-8520

Vancouver Community Organizations

Vancouver Immigration Settlement LINC Services

People living in Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, South Delta, Burnaby or New Westminster, apply to: Vancouver Language Assessment Centre.

LINC Assessment and Referral Centre, #208 – 2525 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC V5N 4C1 Tel: 604-876-5756 Fax: 604 876-0134

LINC stands for Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada. The LINC program is one of the immigrant settlement services provided through the National Settlement Program. It is funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada and is free to students. LINC provides basic and intermediate level ESL training for adult newcomers to Canada. You can take LINC if you are a Permanent resident and 17 years or older.

Previous blog posts, education articles, links to information, education services and social media in the right side bar, 

List of education blogs below the posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment